The People Involved
- Stephen Canfield - Project PI & Engineering counterpart from 1999 - present
- Dean Richey - Project PI & Education counterpart from 1999 - 2007
- Ken Hunter - Joined project in 2007
- E. L. Adams - Project Coordinator 2006-2008 - Graduate Student in Curriculum and Instruction
- Lindsay Bryant (Smith) - Project Coordinator 2008- present - Graduate Student in Civil Engineering Department
- Students from Mechanical Engineering and Education departments
About the Project
- Through collaboration with Tennessee Early Intervention System (TEIS), a number of innovative and creative assistive/adaptive projects have been undertaken to improve self-determination, independence, and quality of life for many young children with special needs and their families.
- Approximately 100 infants or toddlers with special needs have benefited directly from the work done through EIME, and for many of the children, their transition to preschool classrooms in public education settings has been enhanced.
- Over 300 students have been involved with the project.
For more information, please contact Stephen Canfield, at ude.hcetnt|dleifnacs#ude.hcetnt|dleifnacs.
page revision: 8, last edited: 30 Sep 2010 00:20